Thursday 2 September 2010

Mineral Water: Where Does It Come From?

Where does mineral water come from?

Well, in this post you will get to know alot about Mineral Water.

Well, the story is like this. 

One day, i buy mineral water at a kiosk. Like any bottle of mineral water, it comes in a, well, bottle.

And as i am sipping on the chilled water that i enjoy so much, my friend asks me a very good, and interesting question.

And so he asked me
"how do you know that water, is mineral water? not just any other water"

I ask him for more details, because it sounded like a very stupid (and suspicious) question. and so he continued
"lah, lets say you see some water, (while pointing his finger to a table, as though he implies taht there is a pool of mineral water on the table) and you want to know, whether it is mineral water or not, how would you know?"

Based on my experience, and also my ability to guess and create facts on hand, i said
"its easy, mineral water, has no bubbles. tap water, does!"

i smiled, because even though i created that fact out of thin air, it sounded believeable. 

then he says, like any other malaysian teenager
"bodoh! bukan macam tu. (not like that). mineral water's bottle cap is blue! drinking or Reverso-Osmosis water's bittle cap is white!"

I was very disappointed. Now let me tell you why.

Contradictary to popular (and stupid) belief, mineral water, actually, does not originate from bottles! Yes! Oh my god!

Who would have thought of it, water, no, mineral water to be specific, does not magically appear in blue-bottle capped-bottles! Mineral water, actually comes from natural sources!

I know! At first, i was stupid as well. I thought mineral water couldnt exist outside of blue bottles. I thought that mineral water was like a gas, and it has to be be in a bottle with a blue cap, so that we can see it and drink it!
But no!!

Mineral water comes from underground sources named aquifers! I should tell my friend that his belief that mineral water somehow appears in blue-bottle capped bottles is wrong, but like all Malaysians, he thinks is is never wrong, and when proven wrong, he refers to his rule number 1. which is : he is never wrong.

So what have we learned today children? Its that mineral water comes from underground sources named aquifers, and is not magically produced from well, magic!

This may be a surprise to many of you out there who think that mineral water only exists in bottles with blue caps, but please, do not be. I sure hope that the Malaysian government does not force me to retract this post, because it will shock many people not only in Malaysia but also across the globe.

Mineral water prices are RM1 for 500ml/ 600ml bottles, but may rise to RM6 per bottle in stupid places such as the F1 circuit and Sunway Lagoon.

1 comment:

Aqeelah said...

and airports.duh..

free counters
see the boxes at the bottom (of the post) ? Tick one if you have the time. Because if the genre is disliked, similar posts won't be done. thanks. btw fuck nuffnang.